Home > Privacy
Asia One Books.com is strongly committed to protecting your privacy. Personal data collected on our site is used only for the strictly defined purposes of helping us to improve our products, services, and your shopping experience.
Please read on for more details.
1. Our Pledge
We pledge to meet fully, and where possible to exceed, the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong). In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
2. Protection of Information
We use sophisticated encryption technology and secure servers to keep your personal information (including your name, email and mailing address, telephone number, credit card information and purchase history) safe. All your ordering information is protected during transmission by a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) which encrypts your inputted information so that it cannot be read in transit. Other security measures include restricting access to personal data to only those employees whose work requires such data, and who have been trained to handle such data properly and confidentially. No unauthorised access will be allowed.
3. Online Security
Asia One Books.com's online transaction processing is provided by PayDollar and uses Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificate encryption -- the most advanced commercially available technology of its kind. All confidential information is automatically encrypted before transmission.
4. Third-Party Websites
By clicking on the links and/or ad banners of company websites associated with Asia One Books.com, you will be subject to the privacy policies of those parties. Whilst we support privacy on the internet, Asia One Books.com cannot be held responsible for the actions of parties outside its own web domain.
Personal Information Collection Statement
5. Personal Data we Collect
The types of personal data we may collect and retain include:
- Your name
- Your contact details, including telephone number, mailing address, email address
- Payment methods you have used, including details such as credit card numbers
6. Purposes of Collection
We will use the personal data we collect only for the following purposes:
- Fulfilling your orders for products and services, order processing and payment clearing
- Responding to your enquiries, suggestions and opinions
- Fulfilling any purpose directly related to those stated above
When you place an order with Asia One Books.com, you will be asked to provide details such as credit card number and mailing address. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of the order’s status.
The provision of such personal data is voluntary. However, we may not be able to fulfill the purposes stated above or provide service to you if such data have not been provided. We may contact you to verify the accuracy of the data supplied. We will not retain your personal data for any longer than is necessary.
If you wish to subscribe to our website, please note that we may use your personal data for the following:
- Sending information in connection with our products, services, activities, contests, promotions and events
- Marketing and promoting activities (including contests) for Asia One Books.com, our vendors, business partners and other selected companies
- Joint marketing schemes with other third parties
- Customising promotional offers and advertising content to enhance your shopping experience
- Providing personalised marketing and promotional information (including benefits and privileges)
- Collecting statistical information for business analysis purposes
- Conducting surveys relating to our customers, products or services
- Evaluation and further enhancement of our products and services
- Fulfilling any purpose directly related to the above
By clicking 'Subscribe' on our website, you automatically give consent for us to use your personal data in the manner described above. However, you may – at any time and without charge – request us to change your chosen preferences, or not use your personal data via your subscription. To do this, please inform us through the contact details provided on our website under 'Contact Us'.
8. Transfer of Personal Data
- Any other company within the Asia One Communications Group, whether in or outside Hong Kong, for any of the purposes stated in this form. If you do not wish us to transfer as such, please update your preferences in our website or inform us through the contact details specified in 'Contact Us'
- Any agent, contractor or service provider who provides administrative, order processing, payment clearing, credit reference, debt collecting or other services necessary to the operation of our business
- Any person to whom we are, in our belief in good faith, under an obligation to make disclosure as required by any applicable law
Asia One Books.com may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personal data that uniquely identifies any individual. We will not sell or disclose any personal data that identifies you to any third party without your approval.
9. Amendments to this Statement
10. Further Information
- By telephone: +852 2889 2047
- By e-mail:: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: 13/F Asia One Tower, 8 Fung Yip Street, Chai Wan, Hong Kong